Monday, August 27, 2007

First Attempt at Concept Map- Explanation

Hi Guys,

Well, I finally worked out how to post my concept map, after three long days of signing up to almost every single concept mapping site, I worked it out. I believe that mine will be a little different to others though....

... for starters, if you can't see it (as in it is not there at all) try going to the Blog Archives on the side and clicking on 2007 or August. For some reason it disappears from time to time, though i think i have fixed the problem for now, please let me know if it is disappearing again.

Secondly, it only comes up as a small map that is next to impossible to read, but if you click on the map itself it will expand to full size. I would love any feedback on it's readability and presentation.

Lastly, please note that this map only depicts MY understanding of stereotypes... it was created before any research was done (but i may have gotten a little help from the lecture).

And, just so you know what my map is all about here is my blog question:

...consider how this stereotype could be changed and present a concept map depicting your understanding of the socio-psychological variables involved.

Any problems or comments, please let me know.

1 comment:

James Neill said...

Emma,

This is great! An excellent looking map and not only is it readable, but you clearly explain to a reader how to access it and what it is about, etc. Spot on. I honestly can't think of much more that you could without regard to readability.

Maybe (these are pretty minor):
- change the title of your two blog postings (they are currently the same).
- make sure to use a figure title below your map (as per APA style)

Finally, are you going to tell us how you did it? I'm very curious! You obviously did a lot of research and for me the jury is still very much out on what are the best methods. Based on what I see here, your technique is right up there.